Monday, October 8, 2007

Photoshop greatness...

here is a prime example of why I love Photoshop!
I mean, my camera is like an extension of myself and truly never leaves my side but when it comes to taking your photos to the next level, Photoshop is a dream come true!

from adjusting the contrast and color to the shadows and brightness. something as simple as cropping the photo to morphing an object completely out of the picture. Photoshop takes a possible miss and turns it into a hit.


case in point:


I loved the view in this shot and just as I snapped, my daughter walked into the frame.
no problem, crop her out.


but the color in the photo doesn't even come close to the vibrant hues that were surrounding him on that hilltop.
so, let's adjust the levels and the exposure.



now, let's make those clouds really pop by adding a cyan filter.


and to give the entire photo a more unified look, we'll add a frame.


this is only the very basic stuff with Photoshop. there is so much more you can do, it's insane. you're basically only limited by your imagination.
and I find that mine is always soaring high.

4 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

Ahhh! Again, I am running around my dining room, my arms flailing over head. I get it. I FINALLY get it. Thank you so much. Why can't more people explain this whole photo altering in the same way you just did. I can't wait to go play. Now, if I can just get that new camera...

Iguana Banana said...

Ahhh! Again, I am running around my dining room, my arms waving over head. I get it. I FINALLY get it. Thank you so much. Why can't more people explain this whole photo altering in the same way you just did. I can't wait to go play. Now, if I can just get that new camera...

Iguana Banana said...

ok, how 'bout a third time, just for good measure. Flailing vs waving - you decide. :-)

EC said...

Hey there! I just found your blog via the Pioneer Woman's website and really like it. I'm new to photography and have enjoyed your posts on photoshop. I have CS from 2003 and Elements but CS is a little difficult for me right now.

Thanks for posting a couple of things so I can run try them out.

Evie