Tuesday, October 23, 2007

poster framing...


I recently went through some of the older photos of Zoe when she was much, much smaller.
Those were the days of the sad little 3 mega pixel camera that I had to get by with.

I had no idea at the time what I was missing out on. But now that I have the Nikon D40 in my possession, I have seen the light flash!

Looking at this old collection of memories that are so dear to my heart, I was saddened by their terrible shape. Alot of noise. poor lighting and extremely grainy.

So I just went with it!


for this photo, I first converted it to black and white to mask play off the graininess in the picture.
I played with the exposure to make it a bit darker, adjusted lights and shadows and
lasso'd the outer edge with a soft black shading, to give it a vignette look.

wrapped a thin white canvas then a large black canvas and typed text in white over the black field.
the steps on this one are much like the ones for the Capturing a Moment post.

2 comments:

M said...

I love this photo!

kalurah said...

this is one of my faves of Zoe and Keish! :)